Accounts Payable Clerk
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Payable Clerk for immediate start in the Peterborough area.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Seeking an individual that can work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume office.
Accounts Payable Clerk Responsibilities:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve client billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
Accounts Payable Clerk Requirements:
- Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk (or accounts receivable clerk)
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration a strong asset
- Must be able to commute daily to Peterborough
- Own vehicle strongly preferred
Please send"Accounts Payable Clerk" resumes in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!