CNC Machinist / Programmer
We are seeking a skilled and experienced individual for a new CNC Machinist / Programmer position with our client in the Peterborough area.
The CNC Machinist / Programmer will prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding and milling to produce high quality parts and materials in a fast-paced setting.
The successful CNC Machinist / Programmer candidate will be able to deliver desired results by interpreting blueprints, mechanical drawings and other specifications, translating instructions into computer commands.
CNC Certified candidates preferred, but 4th year apprentices will also be considered.
- Weekly pay and competitive salary
- Benefits available after 3 months
- Potential for permanent hire for top performers
- A foot in the door with a top employer in the region
- Full time hours
CNC Machinist / Programmer Responsibilities:
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
CNC Machinist / Programmer Requirements:
- CNC Certified or 4th year apprentice
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
- Daily access to reliable transportation
- Lives in or can commute daily to Peterborough
Please submit your “CNC Machinist / Programmer” resume in MS Word format.
Thank you for applying!