We are seeking experienced Electricians for full time work in the Peterborough area.
On the job, Electricians will inspect, test, dismantle and make mechanical and electrical repairs to all types of electrical equipment. Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment. The ideal candidate will be skilled in electronics, PLC controls, controls wiring, and sound fundamental knowledge of controls logic.
- Support the production operation by providing immediate response to all breakdowns to minimize equipment downtime.
- Troubleshoot and perform all required mechanical maintenance on automated equipment.
- Perform any minor mechanical work which may be required.
- Ensure a machine availability goal of 95% or higher is met.
- Test continuity of circuits to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components. Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement. Repair faulty equipment or systems.
- Provide electrical maintenance services in order to maintain and repair equipment and systems. This includes maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical components.
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit, as well as pull wiring through conduit.
- Install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of all site equipment.
- Perform all daily, weekly, monthly and annual electrical PMs
- Hold a valid 309 D or 309 A or 442 A Electrical License for minimum of 5 years.
- Have 5 years of Canadian electrical experience.
- Have solid knowledge of Ontario Electrical Code.
- Able to read simple blueprint and electrical drawings. Knowledge of electrical controls and ability to read and understand electrical ladder diagrams.
- Knowledge of electrical and safety codes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with electronics and controls wiring and controls logic.
- Ability to read schematics, troubleshoot both motors and controls with no supervision.
- Experience installing conduit and wiring, including rigid.
- Able to perform ESA upgrades to machines and equipment.
- PLC troubleshooting and the ability to make minor PLC changes
- Solid technical communication skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to run small to large industrial projects.
- Excellent safety record.
Please submit your "Electrician" resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your online application.
Thank you for applying!