Hardware Design Engineer
We are seeking a skilled Hardware Design Engineer to join an established team in the Peterborough area.
On the job, the successful Hardware Designer will be tasked with designing and implementing electronic hardware systems of both digital and analog circuits. Hardware Designer candidateswill require advanced formal engineering education, outstanding problem solving skills and the independent decision-making ability.
Hardware Design Engineer Duties:
- Analyze and specify hardware development environment, verification environment, debugging and profiling tools
- Develop, deploy and support DO-254 processes, reviews (SOI), development plans and review checklists
- Analyze user’s requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design
- Perform electronics, hardware FPGA design and mechanical engineering design
- Design electronic CC electronics from detailed designs to meet EMC/EMI requirements and performance
- Prepare material costs and timing estimates, reports and design descriptions for electronic systems and equipment
- Perform circuit analysis and traceability from user’s requirements to formal design and implementation
- Support and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electronic components, systems and equipment
- Debug and troubleshoot hardware circuits
- Integrate CC components into embedded system environment, including test bench and on aircraft at customer sites
- This list is not exhaustive; other duties to be outlined
Hardware Design Engineer Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of analog and digital experience in circuit design and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience
- VHDL design and experience on DO-254, DOORS, Matlab, Modelsim are assets.
- Technical and hardware qualifications (DO-254) experience.
- Background from Control systems (Engine Control, Landing and Steering Controls an asset), Avionics, Aerospace, Medical Device or other high reliability products would be a definite asset
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Tools
- Can work in a team setting
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines
- Proven experience working with standards, processes and work procedures in a structured design environment
- Professionally registered (P. Eng) in Ontario (or have the ability to obtain such registration within one year of employment)
To apply, please submit your "Hardware Design Engineer" resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your online application.