Industrial Maintenance Electrician
We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates for a new Industrial Maintenance Electrician opportunity in Barrie, starting the first week of August.
On the job, the Electrician will mainly be responsible for electrical maintenance, installing, examining and replacing or repairing components.
Shifts are 12-hours, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Electrician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting electro-mechanical production equipment
- Maintenance and upkeep of HVAC equipment and production equipment
- Inspection, maintenance and repair of belts, chains, small motors and gearboxes, conveyors, pneumatic and hydraulic valves and cylinders
- Able to read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Run tests on electrical components
- Inspect electrical systems and equipment for any damage, malfunctions, and safety hazards
- Answer all calls for service and perform other duties as assigned and required
- Licensed Industrial Electrician in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- PLC Ticket/Certification or a minimum 3 years PLC experience Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Electrician in a manufacturing environment
- Direct experience troubleshooting packaging, production and material handling equipment
- Building maintenance experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Must be able to work at heights and on platforms or ladders. Flexibility to work over-time on short-notice or weekends on an occasional basis
- Must be able to work 12-hour weekend shifts
Other employers may call this position:
- Maintenance Electrician
- Journeyman Electrician
- Construction Electrician
To apply, please submit your "Industrial Maintenance Electrician" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent