We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Legal Assistant for our client in the Peterborough area.
On the job, the successful Legal Assistant will enhance attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney’s trial proceedings.
Legal Assistant Job Duties:
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines, etc...
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
Legal Assistant Skills/Qualifications:
- Must have minimum 3-years experience as a Legal Assistant
- Experience with Teraview required
- Administrative and computer skills
- Reporting Skills & Research Skills
- Legal Administration Skills
- Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning
- Attention to Detail
- Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality
To apply, please submit your "Legal Assistant" resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your application.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent