We are seeking a Millwright for immediate start at our client's facility in the Peterborough area.
On the job, Millwrights will inspect, test, dismantle and make mechanical and electrical repairs to all types of electrical equipment. Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment. The ideal candidate will be skilled in electronics, PLC controls, controls wiring, and sound fundamental knowledge of controls logic.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts
- Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machines
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
- Sharpening and maintaining machine tools
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machines
- Hold a valid 433A Industrial Mechanic Millwright for minimum of 5 years.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience in a Foundry and/or heavy manufacturing is an asset
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Experience using PLC’s is an asset
- Experience with Stick welding
- Daily access to reliable transportation
Please submit your "Millwright" resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your application.
Thank you for applying!