Personal Support Worker (PSW)
We are seeking a Personal Support Worker (PSW) for full-time positions starting immediately in Lindsay.
The job is in a non-health care setting and mainly entails screening workers for Covid-19 symptoms.
All candidates must be a certified PSW with relevant experience and current First Aid and CPR certificates. The ability to travel daily to Lindsay is required. Own vehicle and valid G license strongly preferred.
Education and Background:
- Grade 12 level education
- PSW certificate
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR
- Good communication skills
- Experience in geriatrics and rehabilitation.
- Good physical and mental health and free from communicable disease.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Walking short distances and up/down staircases.
- Pulling/pushing/lifting to relocate carts, residents requiring support to transfer, etc. up to 50 lbs
- Reading/seeing documentation both in paper format and on a computer screen.
- Hearing differences in phone ring tones and/or in fire system horns or alerts for emergency response purposes.
- Speaking/communicating to individuals with impairments and disabilities.
- Bending, kneeling, providing walking support for residents in the provision of resident care
- Dexterity required/ability to use a keyboard, open pouches/blister packs, insert test strips into glucometers, etc.
Personal Support Worker Duties & Responsibilities:
- Screens workers for Covid-19 symptoms in a non-health care setting
- Receives direction, assignment and evaluation of work from the shift supervisor
- Answers emergency response calls promptly
- Notifies shift supervisor in the even of an emergency and assists in implementing emergency interventions as delegated by the supervisor on duty
- Maintains tidiness and cleanliness of all equipment, storage and work areas
- This list is not exhaustive - additional responsibilities required
Other employers may call this position:
- Support Worker
- Social Services
- Support Staff
Please submit your "Personal Support Worker" resume in MS Word format. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent