PSW – Leave Coverage
We are seeking two Personal Support Workers (PSWs) for full-time/temporary positions starting immediately in Port Hope.The nature of these roles is to cover leaves of absence. As such, the exact length of these assignments will be evaluated as they arise.
Education and Background:
- Grade 12 level education
- PSW certificate
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR
- Good communication skills
- Experience in geriatrics and rehabilitation.
- Good physical and mental health and free from communicable disease.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Walking short distances and up/down staircases.
- Pulling/pushing/lifting to relocate carts, residents requiring support to transfer, etc. up to 50 lbs
- Reading/seeing documentation both in paper format and on a computer screen.
- Hearing differences in phone ring tones and/or in fire system horns or alerts for emergency response purposes.
- Speaking/communicating to individuals with impairments and disabilities.
- Bending, kneeling, providing walking support for residents in the provision of resident care
- Dexterity required/ability to use a keyboard, open pouches/blister packs, insert test strips into glucometers, etc.
PSW Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives direction, assignment and evaluation of work from the shift supervisor
- Assists with residents’ personal care and daily living needs as scheduled
- Provides laundry and housekeeping services as scheduled
- Reports any changes in a residents’ physical, mental or emotional condition to the supervisor
- Answers emergency response calls promptly
- Notifies shift supervisor in the even of an emergency and assists in implementing emergency interventions as delegated by the supervisor on duty
- Maintains tidiness and cleanliness of all equipment, storage and work areas
- Reports any damaged or unsafe equipment to supervisor immediately
- Practices infection control protocol
- Participates in the orientation of residents, family and nursing staff
- Reports all resident and staff incidents/accidents immediately
- Participates in all mandatory training sessions
- Participates in organized committee meetings
- Liaise with physicians offices to arrange for appointments for residents
- Administers medications and treatment and documents in compliance with the policies of the facility, pharmacy and the College of Nurses
- Completes incident/accidents reports promptly and reports them to the Director of Care and General Manager
Please submit your "PSW - Leave Coverage" resume in MS Word format. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Thank you for applying!