Quality Engineering Tech Support
Our client, a tier-one automotive parts supplier in the region, is hiring for an experienced and highly-detailed Quality Engineering Technical Support person for the Stamping department at their production facility in Tottenham.
The successful candidate will support quality related activities for the Metalforming department (Stamping, Hydroforming, Die Maintenance, Milling) to meet internal and customer requirements.
Hours of work: 7:30am-4:00pm Monday- Friday
- Ensure processes are performed according to Control Plans and QMS standards.
- Investigate incidents of outflow and implement required containment and sorting.
- Apply suitable techniques to determine root cause, temporary and permanent countermeasures. Review similar processes to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Monitor and disposition parts on QA hold. Report status to QA management.
- Perform internal QMS audits as scheduled.
- Participate in Quality Committee meetings.
- Participate in die trials and weld fit up reviews.
- Participate in New Model core teams as applicable and help develop related documentation for the new projects.
- Participate in QA drawing review meetings.
- Generate monthly Cost of Poor Performance reports highlighting quality cost reduction activities and countermeasures to high PPM.
- Liaison with employees and management members on quality related matters.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in manufacturing/quality (automotive experience an asset).
- Understanding of IATF16949, SPC, quality problem solving tools and APQP.
- Working knowledge of all metal forming processes.
- Thoroughly versed in use of array of measuring & testing equipment.
- Organizational skills.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Computer knowledge.
- Daily access to reliable transportation and can commute to Tottenham
Qualified candidates only please. This is a non entry-level role. Interested candidates should submit their "Quality Engineering Technical Support" resume in MS Word or PDF format.