Senior Architectural Drafting Engineer
We are seeking an experienced individual for a new Architectural Drafting Engineer position with our client in the Barrie area.
In this role, the successful Architectural Drafting Engineer candidate will assist in preparing architectural shop and production drawings.
Architectural Drafting Engineer Duties: (Not exhaustive)
- Analysis of construction documents including architectural, structural, mechanical drawings and specifications
- Review of estimate, quotations and customer PO
- Identify and address any issues and discrepancies
- Use computer design and drafting systems to prepare drawings
- Support production throughout the assembly process
- Prepare shop drawings for commercial construction projects
- Create visual guidelines for construction and installation purposes
- Draft technical details and specify dimensions, materials, and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Architectural Drafting Engineer Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in exterior building envelope products – cladding and/or window systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial architectural metals drafting with familiarity of shop layouts for fabrication
- Experience with AutoCAD and basic computer skills with Outlook, Word, Excel
- Proficiency in Solidworks a strong asset
- Expertise in reading and interpretation of construction documents
- Excellent English communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Daily access to reliable transportation and valid Ontario driver's license
- CSA approved work boots and other PPE as required
To apply, please submit your "Architectural Drafting Engineer" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent