We are seeking an experienced and skilled Senior Bookkeeper for a part-time position, two days a week with our client in Peterborough.
Senior Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with an accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments.
Our ideal candidate is mature and professional, with 10 years bookkeeping and/or accounting experience. Work hours will be two full days per week.
Senior Bookkeeper Responsibilities:
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
Senior Bookkeeper Requirements:
- Proven bookkeeping experience of 10 years
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration a strong asset
To apply, please submit your "Senior Bookkeeper" resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your online application.
Thank you for applying!