We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Systems Administrator for a full-time office position in the Kawartha Lakes area.
The successful Systems Administrator candidate will be responsible for the development and operation of client systems, server infrastructure and related systems including email and database services.
Full time, 35 hours per week with varied hours of days, afternoons, evenings and Saturdays as needed. Candidates with their own vehicles preferred, as some local travel may be required.
Systems Administrator Duties:
- Configure, monitor and manage servers and systems, networks and applications
- Configure, monitor, manage and secure desktop / mobile computers and peripherals
- Develop and operate mobile computing technology services including data delivery, security and devices
- Install, configure, integrate and maintain Server System Software
- Configure, monitor and manage Microsoft SQL server systems
- Configure, monitor and manage Microsoft Exchange email systems
- Configure, monitor and manage Citrix Xenapp server systems
- This list is not exhaustive – other duties as required
Systems Administrator Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Computer Systems or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience with Network Technology and TCP/IP protocol suite
- Knowledge and experience with Multi-protocol LAN/WAN routed environments and Windows and Linux Server Technology
- Citrix Certified Associate (CCA) certification or equivalent hands-on experience with remote desktop technologies and administration
- Current knowledge and experience with enterprise grade backup solutions and computer and peripheral hardware and their internal components
- MCSE, and RHCE certifications mandatory or candidate willing to obtain within a reasonable time frame
- ITIL Foundations Certificate preferred
- Experience with testing and deploying applications to ensure their ability to co-exist and function in a multi-tiered environment
- Tech support and service experience
- Remedy Magic Total Service Desk knowledge preferred
Please submit your “Systems Administrator” resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your online application.
Thank you for applying!