- Full-time hours, day shift
- Competitive hourly wage, paid weekly, and benefits available after 3 months
- Entry-level opportunities available, along with opportunity for permanent hire and meaningful advancement within the company
Are you a natural born organizer and multi-tasker, with strong computer skills, and an unparalleled attention to detail?
If so, look no further – we have your next job!
If you love being the go-to person for your team, helping a business run smoothly, and creating a warm, welcoming, and efficient work environment for your team every day, then you could join one of our clients as their next Administrative Assistant.
Who are we?
We are Level A Professional Group, and our mission is to connect job-seekers to local employers, and create opportunities for employment and self-development. We strive to build partnerships that empower both employees and employers to succeed.
We work with a variety of employers in the Peterborough, Cobourg, and Barrie areas, who are seeking administrative professionals to join their teams. If you’re looking to break into an exciting administrative career and have a desire to take ownership over a fast-paced and varied role, then we want to meet you.
About the Position - Administrative Assistant
In this role, your primary goal will be to provide exceptional administrative support to your team.
You’ll be accountable for a wide variety of administrative tasks including:
- Reception duties, including answering and directing calls
- Report writing
- Organizing and maintaining file systems
- Completing data entry into various databases
- Using email to write and manage professional correspondence
- Creating and entering purchase orders
- Using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) at an intermediate to advanced level
You’ll excel in this role if you’ve got the following traits:
- Curiosity – you’ve got a hunger to learn, and always ask great questions. You invest time into learning about your company and their business processes, so you can make an even bigger impact, and take on more responsibility.
- Positivity and professionalism – whether you’re communicating with clients by phone, or dealing with tight deadlines, you have the kind of confidence that shows. You bring an upbeat attitude and a positive energy to your team daily.
- Excellent multi-tasker - you juggle competing priorities and demands with ease by using your superb organization and prioritization skills
- Tech-savvy – you love using technology to work more effectively. You’re the go-to person on your team when it comes to all things MS Office, and you love learning new software and tools.
Working with Level A
At Level A Professional Group, we are dedicated first and foremost to our employees. We help our employees develop their skills and network while they earn a weekly paycheque. We offer training, as well as experience and encouragement for success. We love to see our employees grow in their careers, gain new skills, and find meaningful and enjoyable work opportunities with our great clients.
When you work with Level A, here’s what you can expect:
- Full-time hours, working Monday to Friday
- Competitive hourly wage, with benefits available after 3 months
- Weekly paycheque
- The full support of a team, dedicated to your success, and available 24/7
- A professional work environment, with opportunities for advancement
- Permanent hire opportunities
- Intermediate to advanced level user of MS Office programs, including Excel, Word, and Outlook, combined with strong computer typing skills
- Previous administrative experience (i.e. receptionist, office administrator, administrative assistant, or similar) in a high-volume office environment is preferred, but not required
- Ideally, some experience working in a small or medium sized business environment
- Some post-secondary education (courses, certificates, self-directed learning, etc.) is a strong asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, to travel between sites
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online in MS Word or PDF format.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review all applications and look forward to hearing from you.