Diesel Mechanic (310T)
We are seeking an experienced and dependable Diesel Mechanic for immediate start in the Peterborough area.
In this role, the mechanic will be responsible for certifying all types, but mostly large trucks and trailers, conducting safety inspections, performing major and minor repairs and doing routine maintenance such as engine repairs, oil changes and brake jobs.
To qualify for this position, all applicants must have a valid 310T Certification and a minimum 3 years experience as a large truck and trailer mechanic but 4th year apprentices will also be considered.
Safety inspection experience is a must, strong mechanical aptitude and excellent attention to detail are also mandatory.
What's in it for you?
- $25 - $28 /hour (depending on experience)
- RRSP matching
- Full-time, permanent placement
Diesel Mechanic Duties:
- Perform repairs on trucks and trailers
- Conduct safety inspections and certify trucks/trailers
- Sign off on Ministry of Labour paperwork
- Conduct preventative maintenance on trucks
- PDI new trucks and install add-ons
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications & Skills:
- Valid 310T certification
- 3 years experience as a Diesel Mechanic or 4th year apprentice
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Safety inspection experience
- Advanced knowledge of various tools, equipment and safety standards
- Familiarity with MoL forms and practices
- CSA approved work boots and other PPE as required
- Daily access to reliable transportation
Other employers may call this position:
- 310T Mechanic
- Heavy Truck Mechanic
- Truck and Coach Mechanic
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
Please submit you "Diesel Mechanic (310T)" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour