We are seeking an experienced and highly-detailed Mechanical Drafter for a new full-time opportunity in Peterborough.
In this role, the Drafter will work on layouts for HVAC building services as well as exhaust systems, plumbing and potentially fire sprinkler systems.
Mechanical Drafter Duties:
- Prepare duct work and plumbing piping layout
- Calculate building heat loss and heat gains using company software for equipment sizing
- Size duct work and piping based on industry standards
- Size and select heating/air conditioning grilles and diffusers
- Assist in taking site measurements for renovation projects
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Solid team player
Mechanical Drafter Requirements:
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar software
- Experience with Microsoft Office or WordPerfect Office
- Familiarity with mechanical building systems preferred
- Ability to create freehand sketches
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Mechanical Drafter Education Requirements:
- Technician Certificate in Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Building Engineering Technology or, Fire Protection; or
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
To apply, please submit your Mechanical Drafter resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent